AutoBarn.com

Author Topic: Only everything!  (Read 36577 times)

Offline Sound Lizard

• Member #997
  • Premium Member
  • BMR Newbie
  • Topic Author
Only everything!
« : 6 years ago »
Advertisement
 I have owned a lot of cars. Only the mustang makes me happy. It is one of the most recognized cars on the road, hands down. When most people see a ferrari or the like, they are usually confused as to which exotic car it is. Lets face it, they aren't that common. But when you see a mustang, almost everyone knows what it is, regardless of year. The only exception i can think of might be the fox body. I started buying mustangs 5 years ago, and as far as i am concerned, it is the only car to have.

Offline avengnd

• Member #1943
  • V.I.P. Member
  • BMR Active Poster
Re: Only everything!
« Reply #1 : 6 years ago »
I would agree! Probably the most recognized vehicle in America, probably the entire world.

Offline 14PPSTANG

• Member #2040
  • V.I.P. Member
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #2 : 6 years ago »
 ;D   the one thing I like about Mustangs is the varied options that have always ben available, be it a commuter to a full out drag race machine. ford has almost always had it covered in options for the mustang. plus your all right, people know a mustang visually, without wondering what it is.  you can do a search for parts and nearly every search engine will have numerous sites to go to.  you can by a base model and with a little work it can look visually like a Shelby, but without the insurance cost or the worry about every cop and other brand driver wanting to harass you about how, ??? how fast is that thing???  and I think for got it right on the 2011 - 2014 styling.

Black Mustang Registry

« Reply #2 : 6 years ago »

Offline Dee2Play

• Member #1599
  • V.I.P. Member
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #3 : 6 years ago »
I overheard a pre-K elementary student coming out of school one day.  He said to his father "Daddy I wike dat cah."  Daddy replied, "Me too."  Son said, "Dats a wace can isn't it daddy!"  Daddy replied, "Something like that."  I was sitting in my convertible with the top down. V6 2013.  I can be in my car for a short 20 or 30 minutes and my whole distribution changes. I can go from a terrible mood to completely overjoyed.  I love the style and the feeling of driving the vehicle as much today as I did the first day I bought it and over year ago.

Offline Blk06GT

• Member #2365
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #4 : 6 years ago »
Let's not forget that it has been made CONTINUOUSLY for 50 years, something that Camaro and Challenger owners won't be able to say until when? 2059, when Mustang will be 95!

Bruce

« Reply #5 : 6 years ago »
Actually, the camaro came out in 66, just 2 years after the mustang. Thats why its the mustang's biggest rival. The challenger came out in 70. but still, the mustang is older than either.

Black Mustang Registry

« Reply #5 : 6 years ago »

Offline jschlngr

• Member #2503
  • V.I.P. Member
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #6 : 6 years ago »
I personally do not hate Camaros or Challengers, but I love Mustangs. My first car was a '73 Mach 1; that's what started it for me. I'm on my fifth Mustang right now, and I guarantee she won't be my last!

Offline Chef Darius

• BMR Newbie
« Reply #7 : 5 years ago »
The Mustang is the only true American Muscle car that has never stopped being manufactured since it was first built.

Offline Edmund K

• Member #5669
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #8 : 4 years ago »
My wife and I were given an upgrade to our rental car when we were on vacation in 2007; yes, it was a Mustang-- a Torch Red convertible. We were getting "thumbs-up" and verbal affirmations from people of all ages as we drove that car through Baltimore. It was a head-turner, but, more than that, it was FUN to drive!! I HAD to own one of these cars!!
When we were able to buy our own convertible five years later, I noticed many fellow Mustang drivers would give a slight "wave" (or "hi-sign" as it were) as we would pass each other; I could be mistaken, but I don't see fellow car owners of any other make doing that kind of fraternal recognition, only motorcyclists.
I especially like that our cars can be modified as much or little as we please, and they are still recognized as members of the Mustang herd whether they be lowered and super modern, or bone stock daily drivers.

Black Mustang Registry

« Reply #8 : 4 years ago »

Offline cdz12250

• Member #6493
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #9 : 4 years ago »
No other car has an aftermarket like the Mustang's. You can customize a Mustang into whatever you want with off the shelf parts available from a myriad sources.

Offline Ike32

• Member #6979
  • Verified Member
  • BMR Newbie
« Reply #10 : A year ago »
The customization options for mustangs are almost endless. Thatís why I love mustang so much!